Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cd software

• Please log in to reply

fortress65

fortress65

• Pip
  • 3 posts
when i start my computer on the taskbar it shows this 'CD Recording software will cause Windows to become unstable. Windows has prevented these drivers from loading. Click here for more details. ''

I looked for the program Easy CD Creator but i can not find it installed on my Windows XP.. i see sonic tho... :)

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
What did it tell you when you clicked on "Click here for more details"?

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
The OP /may/ need to purge uper and lower filters.
http://www.randomfix...ddvd-rom-drive/

ImgBurn is a good product which will work with XP/Vista/7, but be aware of the Ask toolbar option in the installer.
http://www.softpedia...g/ImgBurn.shtml

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Easy CD Creator is part of Roxio's software bundle. Do you have Roxio installed?

If you do, you might check their web site to see if there are updates or patches available that will make it compatible with your system.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
if you don't have roxio installed now but if you have already uninstalled roxio now or in the past ..go here and get Roxio Zap
This application helps you uninstall all Roxio Software applications and will erase all data left behind by these....get it here
then do as DaffyKantReed advised about removing the upper and lower filters...

Edited by happyrock, 10 April 2010 - 12:10 PM.