Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

laptop acting weird =))

• Please log in to reply

Carina

Carina

• PipPipPip
  • 623 posts
Hi Everyone!
I have been using this Eee asus laptop for 6 months now....
lately, it's acting weird... It occasionally experiences BSOD, there were two instances that the screen just turned gray and I needed to remove the battery just to turn it off...this morning it produced a somewhat sparking sound..... I rebooted it, now it seems okay...
I'm quite worried... Does anyone have idea what's going on..? :)

Thanks.

Edited by Carina, 10 April 2010 - 01:52 AM.

Advertisements

Salagubang

Salagubang

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,890 posts
It a hardware problem. (nasty and mysterious grounded hardware).

If its only six months old (and you didn't drop it accidentally), consider sending it for replacement. :)

Alvin

mikeloeven

mikeloeven

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
hmmm sounds like A screw is loose/too long somewere and when you move or press on the keyboard at certain times it contacts the board and shorts it out. i have been working with replacing laptop componants professionally for over 2 years now and you would be surprised what the wrong screw in the wrong hole can do to a computer most of them are measured specificaly for the gromet they go into and if they are too long they can be forced through the plastic cap covering the gromet and come into contact with the board i wish i had taken a picture of that motherboard crater we had in the shop last week some guy had a screw fall out of his laptop and replaced it with a garden veriety precision machine screw from the hardware store they didn't have the right length so he setled for one that was slightly longer well later that day he tapped the keyboard a bit too hard loud hisssing sound and when we took the computer apart the screw was all black and actually fused with the copper strips that were printed into the mainboard. well any way if you didn't drop it than one of the factory robots probibly messed up somewere and it should be covered under the warrenty.

Edited by mikeloeven, 06 May 2010 - 11:16 AM.