Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Cannot install Office 2010 Beta

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
So I have been using Office 2010 Beta since 2009 when it first came out.

Recently though, I had to reformat my hard drive and I reinstlaled the OS, and thus lost all my programs on it.
So on my new OS which is activated Windows 7 Professional, I am trying to install Office 2010 Beta, and it keeps on giving me stupid errors:

"microsoft office 2010 encountered an error during setup" and along with this all it gives me is a close button and that is it.

I dont understand what seems to be the problem, it is a brand new installed OS, so I doubt there is any missing files or anything, I installed office 2003 and then 2007 which are both legit versions and I still cant install office 2010.

Help Please

Thanky ou

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Hello jjack0310,

What version of the Beta are you attempting to download?

I had troubles downloading the "Click to Run" version of the Beta. However, I went back and just downloaded the full Office Pro version instead and had zero problems installing it.

Best regards,