Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I suspect malware of some kind

• Please log in to reply

kenbarber

kenbarber

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
i have an hp pavilian 5 years old. 2 gb ddr ram running windows xp home sp2. (when i downloaded sp3 this thing will not boot so had to remove it) i use mozilla, my wife uses IE latest version. this thing can slow to the point that i can type my name in a form and sit and watch it put in a character every 2 seconds or longer. i run scans and malwarebytes and find nothing. yet i can pull in the task manager and watch the cpu usage and loading yahoo will show 100 % cpu use. in fact as i type this it is showing 100 % cpu usege. also even though i have did little to create and save files my mozy backup has added .2 gb and over 100 files it says.

i feel something else is running unseen, but....

Advertisements