Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Security Tool 2010 Remaining Problems

• Please log in to reply

Tony415

Tony415

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Yesterday my computer was infected with the virus known as,"Vista Security Tool 2010".I went to this link,http://www.myantispyware.com/2010/03/16/how-to-remove-total-vista-security-uninstall-instructions/ to fix it.I used the first method listed.After my reboot,my computer seemed to not have the virus anymore.I was really happy,until i tried opening Mozilla Firefox,a new window popped out and said "Open With",Choose the program you want to use to open this file:.I thought it was Mozilla Firefox,so I thought no big deal,I then tried to open other programs such as AIM and iTunes.The same problem with Firefox existed with AIM as well.But,iTunes was different,when I tried opening it,it said,"This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Associations control panel.I read somewhere that i should end the process,"explorer.exe" and create a new one. I exited the process and tried starting a new one,this message popped out,"C:\Windows\explorer.exe Application not found".I decided to reboot my computer and the explorer.exe was back,so I just left it alone.I downloaded the program,"Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware".I tried to install it and the same message as the explorer.exe popped out but the last part was different,it read "C:\Users\Tony\Downloads\antimalware-pro-v04.exe Application not found".

Also,when I was writing this,this message kept appearing about every 30 seconds,which was really irritating,"A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script or you can continue to see if the script will complete."

Thanks for reading this bro.

Edited by Tony415, 11 April 2010 - 01:20 PM.

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

Tony415

Tony415

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Okay, Sorry about that. I'm new to this site,and i'll check the link.Thanks!