Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Flash Drives

• Please log in to reply

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
I have a WG flash drive, 100 GB and need a synchronizing program to use with it. Can anyone advise of several that are reputable from which to choose? Thank you.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
I use Dropbox: http://www.dropbox.com

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Thank you so much for the referral. The program I am trying now seems rather complicated. When I tried to use it for sychroniztion, it took a full day plus to do so! Is that the way they work?

Are you open on this thread to any more questions about using my Flash DRive in connection with a software program? If not I understand.

Am trying to figure out the difference between: sychronization and copying and another term the program I am trying is using but I cannot locate that term right now.

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Found the other terms this program is using:

backup, consolidation, replication and of course syncronization

am not clear on their meanings and so far have not found clearification on their site.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts
Backup = A copy of computer data (as a file or the contents of a hard drive); also, the act or an instance of making a backup.

Consolidation = Unite two or more backups into a single new backup.

Replication = The process of reproducing or duplicating.

Synchronization = Maintain the same version of files across multiple devices.

?

pdcagirl

pdcagirl

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Thank you so much Spyware dr. Appreciate the info - will try to absorb and make judgment of the software I am using on trial basis. Since I am new to all of this, all programs right now seem daunting to me though they declare themselves very easy to use.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts
You're welcome. :)