Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to join any multiplayer servers for any game.

• Please log in to reply

zxcymn

zxcymn

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
This just started a few days ago; before that everything has been fine.

I can browse the internet fine, talk to people online, etc. the internet works and it's fast. However whenever I try to join any type of multiplayer game it'll list servers but if I try to join one it'll either say it was unable to connect or connect then lag out before I can play. This happens for every single game I try, and four days ago it was all fine.

No firewall is stopping them from connecting. I'm behind the Windows 7 firewall but I always have been and they worked before so that isn't the reason. The only thing that's changed was I created a host through no-ip.com and used their no-ip client, but I've since deleted the host and uninstalled the software. However it seems the problems started around the time I used that; maybe it's related? I'm not sure how that would have any effect though.

Anyway, I'm at a loss as to how my internet can work peachy but no online game will let me connect to them. Any ideas?

Thanks for your time.

Advertisements

zxcymn

zxcymn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
It's fixed. Just in case anyone else is having this problem:

I had to call my provider to get the actual password for the router (admin/admin won't actually change any settings but will let you log in) and disabled an option to block all foreign ports. My internet is faster and I can connect to everything now.