Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ask Jeeves logo appeared

• Please log in to reply

dumbbill

dumbbill

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I became aware of the Virus That has infected my laptop ( Windows XP ) WHEN, OUT OF NOWHERE the 'Ask Jeeves' butler logo appeared on my homepage. Next There were warning signs all over the place and preventing from accessing any programs. The name of the company introducing these warnings was System Tools ( I did manage to rid myself of this as I managed to dump it in the recycle bin.

Slowly but surely the virus has eaten away at my ability to access most programs. First to go was Internet Explorer Then no access to my ISP ( TalkTalk ) and today my email ( MSN Explorer ) has been disabled.

Furthermore, I did attempt to download fre virus removal software but whenever I hit the download button no download was possible, and believe me I tried every one of them.

Please do not recommend System Restore - it won't happen, I have tried.

Should anyone out there have a solution please,please, keep it in laymen's language ( I am 65 years and the furthest thing from a 'geek' that you could imagine )

THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE IF YOU ARE STILL WITH ME

In anticipation
Thanks
dumbbill

Advertisements