Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sony Vaio Keyboard Problem

• Please log in to reply

lmart

lmart

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I own a Sony Vaio VGN-NW 230G Laptop that has had a sticky liquid spilled on its keyboard. The spacebar is now very sticky and I have been searching for a keyboard disassembly guide in order to clean out my laptop. Contacting Sony has been nothing but a pain since they refused to provide help in taking my laptop apart and refused any notion to talk to an actual computer tech. They repeatedly stated that the only option would be to send my computer in and have it fixed for a fee.
Perhaps my luck around here will be a bit better and hopefully someone could help me find a solution to my problem. It seems like the disassembly of my keyboard should not require me to send my laptop in and should be achievable with the help of a manual of some kind.

Thanks in advance to anybody who could help,

Lucas

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
they do not have your exact model manual listed here but you can see how to dissemble some Sony Vaio laptops...use it for a general guide for your computer...