Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't burn wmv file to dvd

• Please log in to reply

jdawgit

jdawgit

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have unsuccessfully attempted to convert a Windows Movie Maker (Vista Home) project into a format that I could burn onto a DVD that would play in my DVD player. This shouldn't have turned into the problem that it has since about a year ago I did the exact same thing.

The freeware that I've used for this was DVD Flick. Everything in this project is the same: Windows Movie Maker, then Windows DVD Maker, originally DVD Flick and then just about every single free/trial version encoder or converter available on the internet today. I'm using the same DVD (Dataware DVD-RW) and the exact same dvd player.

I have experienced everything from absolute no success to getting 2 minutes of the 17 minute program to play on the dvd player. This last attempt had me able to play 4:41 of that project before it froze.

This has become very frustrating since each time one of these file conversions takes approximately 20-25 minutes only to find that it didn't work or sometimes worked but has a watermark over the project in some of the trial versions.

I have contacted DVD Flick through their website twice, but they seem to have no interest in helping me.

Can anyone give me some advice about what I might be doing incorrectly this time?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements