Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Won't restart, open iTunes, Kaspersky won't scan, system icons

• Please log in to reply

quickbeeare

quickbeeare

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys, I am running an Acer Aspire 5810TZ with a 1.3g Pentium, 320GB DDR2 RAM, installed Windows 7 a few months ago, and now I am having some strange things going on. I try and restart, and it'll either get stuck on Logging Off, or Shutting Down, and will never finish, even overnight. I use Kaspersky full suite and and it won't run a scan now, says malfunction, and when I start, it stays at 1% and says "unknown" when to be finished, and this scares me as I know that Kaspersky is prolly the best you can get and I update daily and scan daily. My Battery meter shows the plugged in icon when it isn't, and the quick-pop just says "Battery Meter" and now it is just gone totally, my wifi icon isn't there at all, iTunes won't open and it won't let me kill the process for it, and I have un/reinstalled. These issues aren't all the time, and a lot of time, it says Windows explorer has stopped working, and restarts. This machine is barely 3 months old, although I use it quite a bit. I am out of options now as far as what to do. I have tried to load the Windows 7 instal disc, and it will spin up but autorun fail, and won't open 'setup' either... My CPU usage isn't maxed out all the time anymore, i had the infamous bug with WMP's sync-up glitch. I am usually pretty OK with PC's but I have no idea what is going on, as it is not all the time, sometimes it all works fine, it's totally random.

Advertisements