Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

programs keap crashing and loosing conection

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Ok then one big THANK YOU from me biggrin.gif

:)

Advertisements

Killza

Killza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I am back to slow motion :) i gues i didnt fix the problem or the motherboard is still ower heating or the problem lies elsewhere .
Tooday if i will have time to call ISP to change my MAC adress and test that other modem and i will see if i can get another PC to see how it will work on my conection without any changes .

Killza

Killza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I am back to slow motion :) i gues i didnt fix the problem or the motherboard is still ower heating or the problem lies elsewhere .
Tooday if i will have time to call ISP to change my MAC adress and test that other modem and i will see if i can get another PC to see how it will work on my conection without any changes .

Attached Thumbnails

• Speed1.JPG

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep I think the problem now lays with your modem and your ISP. Regardless of their claim the only thing you have not done is replace the cable if I remember right and if you have then the problem is with their signal or their hardware itself. I myself would have them replace the modem with a newer model and then recheck everything.

Edited by rshaffer61, 19 May 2010 - 05:56 AM.

Killza

Killza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I did try 3 diferend cables eaven USB cable and it was the same . The only thing we didnt try yet is a diferend modem or how it would run on diferend PC with the same modem .

I personaly think the problem is in my PC ... im gona try a diferend modem and see if it gets beter and see if i can get another PC or notebook to see if its gona be same or not .

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did you try a different nic card?
Short of formatting your system and starting completely over the only other issue would be a firewall not set correctly. If you have been using the Windows firewall and never changed it then I see no reason for that being the issue.

Killza

Killza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Yes i did try a diferend NIC card and it was the same . Wright nou i tryed with a diferend PC notebook exactly and it was the same 1.5mb/s download and wright nou im back on my PC and its the same :)
Nou im gona try to call my ISP and see if i get them because tooday around 2-3 PM the number was allways bussy lol and will ask them to to enter new MAC adress for that other modem and will get back with updates :)

Edited by Killza, 19 May 2010 - 01:26 PM.

Killza

Killza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Ok this is crazy they cant have busy number all day long lol no mater how many times i try it says busy :)

Edited by Killza, 19 May 2010 - 01:26 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Since you tried with a different laptop and have the same results then the problem is your ISP. Two systems with different nics cannot have the same problem unless it is a cable , modem, or signal.

Killza

Killza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I start to think so to and i cant get them on the phone :)

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

Wright nou i tryed with a diferend PC notebook exactly and it was the same 1.5mb/s download and wright nou im back on my PC and its the same

its your ISP or their modem...
its time for a change...one or both...I would recommend both

Edited by happyrock, 19 May 2010 - 04:15 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Two for the ISP's problem and they need to fix it.

Killza

Killza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I know but last year before i moved to this apartment i did ask around and called diferend ISPs about their ofers and if they can set up a conection . And the only one who can is Telemach others said they cant set up conection on my location because they dont have their lines here :)
The problem in my country is that its wery wery smal only 2 mil people lol and we have maybe only 3-4 ISPs ...the one i have covers allmost whole country and its the oldest one , others eather cover only mayor citiys or are relativly new and dont have their lines where i live nou ... and i live wright one the edge 5km avey from Italy and Austria lol so im stuck with this ISP :)

idk ill try to contact them or maybe eaven wisit their ofice and ask them again to try a bit harder to solve this problem or atleaste tell me if they can or cant and why ... hopefuly this week if not next week and as allways i will be back with updates .

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If I remember right you said the modem you have is a couple of years old. On just that alone they should replace it since the technology has changed and they should be supplying their customers with up to date hardware.

Killza

Killza

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Yes i know but idk why tech guy from my ISP didnt do that last time he was here :) .. maybe they are saving money this way lol