Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

NOT SURE - Can not login into online account

• Please log in to reply

GMVSHORT

GMVSHORT

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
HELP...

I seem to be blocked from signing into "My Account" page on Charter.com.

I do not believe it is a virus (Essexboy helped me get system clean) and suggested AV and firewall software. Since then no problems and all seems to running fine.
FYI - I am running W2k OS with AVAST anti-virus software and Outpost Firewall 2009.
However, I've tried 2 other PC's both with different AV software and both running XP, with the results.

I initially tried and was unable to get in so I got a temp pswd. That didn't help so I contacted Charter support. They checked all on their end and had me try again. I did with same result. They even changed the pswd and had me try again. The login page just recycled and my userid, pswd and zip were blank. No error messages. The support person was able to logon to my account and the supervisor could also. They suggested I try another PC and if any problems to contact them again.
Next day I tried another PC (OS is XP) with same result. I then tried another PC with XP also and AV is McAfee, getting same results

I contacted Charter support again and they worked with me, making sure the info (userid, password and zip) was correct. Went thru same as earlier, but I still could not get in. I explained that I enter the info, press SUBIT and the same page is presented again without any error message and info missing. I said if I changed the userid or pswd I got an error message stating one or both was invalid.
They wanted to know if I had an AV or Firewall and I did, but I explained that I had disabled both of them. They wanted to know if I had a POP-UP blocker. I did on one XP PC, but not the other two systems.
The customer support person and supervisor checked their end and they both were able to login to my account. They said all was OK on their end and believed it had to be the PC and thought it might me MS IE.

All three PC's I have tried to connect with utilize the same ISP provider and all are running MS IE.

Any ideas on what is keeping me from logging into my account??

*** 4/19 -- updated info
I went to the library and was able to logon my Charter account!!

The problem must be tied to the ISP.. Any ideas what I should ask the ISP??

Edited by GMVSHORT, 19 April 2010 - 09:10 AM.

Advertisements