Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

1080p signal capture card (with HDMI-In; HDCP compatible)

• Please log in to reply

VarHyid

VarHyid

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hello,

quick question - are there any "VIVO" cards allowing to view a 1080p signal through HDMI and HDCP?

I have a stubborn 16:10 monitor, which doesn't do pixel mapping and my only alternative to get an undistorted/unstretched 16:9 format (with a PS3) is to use a capture card and let the viewing software maintain the correct ratio while in 16:10 mode. Things like the BlackMacic Intensity not only go up to 1080i, but don't support HDCP at all. Are there any other cards that do?

If there are, would I be able to process it with a E5200 (Dual Core 2.5 GHz) CPU, Asus P5Q (P45) board, 2 GB of DDR2 and a 9500 GT video card?

Oh, one more IMPORTANT thing! I'm NOT talking about capturing as in recording these images, I just want to view it... same way I'm using an ATI TV Wonder + DScaler to watch TV and play on my PS2 on my PC.

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by VarHyid, 15 April 2010 - 08:25 AM.

Advertisements

VarHyid

VarHyid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Not 1? :)

VarHyid

VarHyid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Now seriously, there's not 1 card that could allow me to hook up a PS3 (for example) to my PC via HDMI?

If not at 1080p then how about 720p?