Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Flex ATX case won't open (Solved)

• Please log in to reply

bradyg23

bradyg23

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
I went to install memory in a friend's case today, expecting to be in and out in 10 minutes (which was good because I only had 20 minutes before a meeting). I couldn't open the case! I've opened hundreds of cases without problem, but could not force, wedge, or pry this thing open!

It had a model # of 91-96320-DOS, and was an A-Open case from around 2003. I have to go back tomorrow to get this memory in. Anyone have ideas on what I'm missing?

There were 2 thumb screws on the top of the case which I removed. I couldn't find any buttons or slides, and prying the lid got me nowhere. Any tips?

Here is the only case picture I could find: http://www2.dealtime...ER-91-96320-DOS

Edited by bradyg23, 15 April 2010 - 12:53 PM.

Advertisements

bradyg23

bradyg23

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Never mind, I looked back at the link and found it referenced as a H340D case. Searching that I found what I needed. http://global.aopen........&Model=2482

Thanks to anyone who may have been looking into this!

rexx123456

rexx123456

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Never mind, I looked back at the link and found it referenced as a H340D case. Searching that I found what I needed. http://global.aopen........&Model=2482

Thanks to anyone who may have been looking into this!

THANKS!!! Your link helped me find the manual for my case. I found this system after someone put it out for the trash (with the Hard Drive, HDD Bay and IDE cables removed). I couldn't seem to get it to ventilate properly which caused the HDD to get warmer than it should and caused the CPU fan to run high and extremely noisy. Now I see why, the manual shows that it is supposed to use the newer skinny round IDE cables, not the usual wide flat ones which I had put in there. I may also be able to find the HDD bay now.

Thanks again.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thanks for letting us know how you resolved the issue. As you see it has already helped someone else. Good job and congratulations.

rexx123456

rexx123456

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks for letting us know how you resolved the issue. As you see it has already helped someone else. Good job and congratulations.

Thank you. I really appreciate that.