Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intergrated graphic Card

• Please log in to reply

coyotegal

coyotegal

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
:) My friend needs a new motherboard for her hp pavilion a6300f pc. She has an intergrated graphic card quit. It is not getting a signal to the monitor. Can someone tell me what kind of motherboard she can get that will work with her computer? Thank you

Advertisements

reconman

reconman

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
Has she done any trouble shooting to try and fix the problem?

I'd start by seeing if it's the monitor rather than the chip. If you can, hook the computer up to a different monitor. If there's still no signal, it's more than likely the chip or the motherboard itself.

A good place to start would be to vacuum out all of the dust from the case and the hardware.

Aside from that, there's loads of staff and members on here that can give you step by step instructions for testing each component until you find the problem.

You don't want to spend money on a new motherboard if you don't have to, especially if it won't solve the problem. :)

coyotegal

coyotegal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
The first thing I did was clean it out. Yes I have hook it up to my monitor and still no signal. I took it to a tech. and he said it is the graphic card which is intergrated was bad. He said she need a new motherboard but was wanting to charge a arm and leg for it. I have had to put motherboards in before. I have been online looking for the same motherboard and there is not one. I need to know what kind of motherboard I can put in her computer so it will work.

Edited by coyotegal, 16 April 2010 - 06:09 AM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you can add a video card to it if its a desktop...if its a laptop your in for a rude surprise...if you can find a mobo for it ...it will cost more than a whole new system...
the how to is here

Edited by happyrock, 16 April 2010 - 07:59 AM.

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Your HP pavilion a6300f from what i know as a PCI-Express slot for graphic cards, if I am right it would be a lot cheaper to buy a good Graphic card then replace the whole computer.

coyotegal

coyotegal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I did take the graphic card out of my computer and tryed in her computer. It didnt do anything. Could it be the wrong kind of graphic card or is there something else that I need to do. All I did was put the graphic card in and pulled it up.

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
What happens when you start the computer,

Do you hear beeps, if yes how many,
Do fans start,

If you hear only one beep and all fans work and you have tried both the integrated video and one in the PCI-Express slot and you still get no signal, there is a chance her motherboad is defective.

One thing you can try is to reset your bios setting by clearing your CMOS, you do that by unplugging the power cord removing the lithium battery and shorting the CMOS jumper for a couple of minutes (to be sure) then reset the jumper to their default position put back the battery and plug power cord to your computer.

CMOS Jumper is usually near your battery (pin 1 & 2 default ) ( pin 2 & 3 reset CMOS) that is the common setting but some may differ.

Hope that helps.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

I did take the graphic card out of my computer and tryed in her computer

give us the make and model number of your card

coyotegal

coyotegal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
This is all I have on the information on my graphic card. It is a NVIDIA GeForce 9300 GE. Graphic memory is 895 MB. Display adapter driver version 8.15.11.8627. DirectX version DirectX 10. Is this what you wanted? If not I can see what else I can find out. This graphic card was preinstalled on my computer.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
can you get into the bios when you have your card in her system

Advertisements

coyotegal

coyotegal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I dont know because the monitor wont come on. I just says no signal.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
do you get any beeps when you power up...no
do you hear any fans spin...like cpu and power supply fans...if yes
then her mobo is dead and has to be replaced...

Edited by happyrock, 17 April 2010 - 09:32 AM.

coyotegal

coyotegal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

:) My friend needs a new motherboard for her hp pavilion a6300f pc. She has an intergrated graphic card. Can someone tell me what kind of motherboard she can get that will work with her computer? Thank you

That is what I was saying when I first post a question.

Edited by coyotegal, 17 April 2010 - 09:59 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Motherboard specs for your HP model

* Motherboard manufacturer's name: Foxconn MCP73M01H1
* HP/Compaq name: Napa-GL8E

coyotegal

coyotegal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I know what kind is in there now. I cant find kind. So What other kind can I get?