Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intergrated graphic Card

• Please log in to reply

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

That is what I was saying when I first post a question.

we always double check before declaring something dead

your/ her computer supports this cpu..
* Socket: 775
* Supports the following processors:
o Intel Core 2 Duo (Wolfsdale core) E8xxx (65W)
o Core 2 Duo E6xxx (Conroe core) up to E6850 (65W)
o Pentium E2xxx series (Conroe core) with Dual Core technology up to E2160 (65W)
o Core 2 Duo E4xxx (Conroe core) (65W)
o Celeron 4xx series (Conroe core) up to Celeron 450 (35W)
there are literately hundreds of mobo's that would work with a wide range of prices

Advertisements

bobkunz62

bobkunz62

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i just ran into similiar problem with a hp a6600f Foxconn MCP73M01H1 integrated video card. i have the pci express slot. can i install a graphics card to work around a dead integrated card?

If i install the new card in the pci slot, how do i load the driver without a screen?

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts

i just ran into similiar problem with a hp a6600f Foxconn MCP73M01H1 integrated video card. i have the pci express slot. can i install a graphics card to work around a dead integrated card?

If i install the new card in the pci slot, how do i load the driver without a screen?

Just install your card plug all the wires needed (additional power if needed) your card should work but you need to enter your BIOS (press DEL, F2, F10 or whatever your system tells you to press) and change the default display setting to PCI-Express instead of the integrated graphic one, if you do not then your screen will stay black when pass the bios setup and entering windows.

Once in windows then install the latest drivers for your card.