Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer crashes at windows load screen, stuck in loop

• Please log in to reply

Wayahwolfsbane

Wayahwolfsbane

• Pip
  • 4 posts
help!
i was copying some audio files off of a flash drive onto my desktop, and when they were almost finished copying, my computer screen went black, no blue screen or anything. Then windows restarted, and it got to the black screen with the wndows xp logo on it, and the load bar, but then the screen went black again, and my screen said there was no signal.
If i leave it alone, it will just continue doing this, and never actually boot windows completly.
i have tried to run windows in safe mode, and it still does not start up. i have also tried to start windows in last known good configuration.
i then went to the bios menu and it said that my first to boot device was removable, which it shouldnt be, i think it thought it should boot from the flash drive???
so i changed that, and thought it would start up, but to no avail.

i am being led to believe that that audio file was infected, and that it is malware, how would i be able to fix this??

by the way, i do know have windows disk, i missplaced it when i moved....so i am out of luck for reinstalling windows...

please, if you can help me give me some ideas. if all else fails i suppose that i will take it to a professional, and/or reinstall windows...

----sincerly----
a somber computer gamer :[

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
If you suspect malware please post on the malware forum as we are not allowed to give advice on malware removal on the Windows forums. The malware forum is here:
http://www.geekstogo...emoval-f37.html