Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NvCpl removal?

• Please log in to reply

do_it_yourself_man

do_it_yourself_man

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, so I stumbled across this site that told me how to locate and kill infections while I was working on a different problem. The issue now is that I have DISABLED my Nvidia Display Driver Service, I have disabled all programs under "Startup" in "Selective Startup" in my System Configuration Utility. I have also gone through my Registry Editor going to HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion Run, RunOnce, RunOnceEX, and I manually deleted the unwanted items I found.

However here is my problem:

Nvidia Display Driver Service-DISABLED
programs under "Startup" in "Selective Startup"-DISABLED
HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion Run, RunOnce, RunOnceEX,-manually deleted the unwanted items

So why. . . when I restart my computer does NvCpl automatically re-enable and restart itself? On top of that when I open my system config. utility and it satrts again after I have Disabled it! There then apears a second NvCpl that is not running. I assume the one that automatically starts despite everything I've done is the Virus or Trojan that I'm trying to remove. If anyone can make sense of what I'm saying and help me That would be awesome!

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP
Follow the instructions at http://www.geekstogo...uide-t2852.html.

Post your logs. Copy and Paste - Do not attach.

Ron