Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hijack this

• Please log in to reply

Chillin378

Chillin378

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a slow running computer and I want to know where I can post a log from hijack this to get help on what is safe to delete?

Advertisements

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
Chillin378-

Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

I suggest taking a look at the Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide. This will help you disinfect the majority of malicious software from your system. If that doesn't solve your problem, post a new thread in the Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal Forum.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Chillin378

We do not look at Hijack logs in any forum other than the malware forum. In fact we do not use Hijack this. They use another program that is better.
If you think you have malware then you need to do what FearNothingProductions has suggested.

Otherwise you can stay here and we can look at a few things.

Lets see what you have.
Download and install Free Everest Home Edition
Open it.
1: In left pane expand Computer folder.
2: Click once on Summary
3: In upper menu, go Report. Not the Report icon
4: And then to Quick Report-Summary
5: Save it in text file, and paste it in your next post.
Click the + by computer, click on Sensor. Get a screenshot and post it so I can check your temps and voltages...

DO NOT INCLUDE ANYTHING UNDER THE LINE THAT SAYS "DEBUG- PCI"

123runner

Chillin378

Chillin378

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
OK I have done the first 3 steps and will test out my system. If I'm still having issues I will continue with the 4th and 5th steps