Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sony Acid Music Studio

• Please log in to reply

Rick555

Rick555

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Today I purchased a Sony Acid Music Studio 5.0. I can not install it. The disc says that it's is supposed to automatically start up when it's inserted in to the CDROM Drive. but it doesn't start up. Instead I get an error box that reads "NO AUTORUN.INI".

In the Owner's Manuel it suggests that if CD-ROM AutoPlay is not enabled to click on start, then run and type in :\setup.exe. With the drive letter in front of it which would be E. So I do this and click on OK. but the same error box stating "NO AUTORUN.INI" comes up.

Next I look into all kinds of help files from Sony for ACID Music Studio. As suggested I go to Control Panel to System to Device Manager to CDROM from there I select the drive and go to Properties then setting and make sure Auto Insert Notification is enabled. Which it is. So again I try the disc and the same error message comes up.

I've tried a few other things and nothing helps. I've written an email to Sony support and hope to hear from them soon. In the meantime does anybody here have any suggestions?

Thank you in advance.
Rick

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you right click the drive with the disc, then explore and double click set up