Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vaio VGN-N130G no brightness control with XP Pro

• Please log in to reply

AmericanoInPhils

AmericanoInPhils

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I recently hard my hard drive fail.... trash can type failure! This Vaio VGN-N130G came with Windows XP MCE 2005 installed (Media Center Edition). With the hardware crash I lost the MCE version of XP since Sony puts it on the hard drive and you do not get an installer disk.

During rebuild I installed XP Pro service pack 3. The Vaio utilities drivers are not fully compatible with XP Pro and at the same time even if I could get the old MCE I wouldnt want it due to so many OS changes to XP since then. They only built the one MCE version!

MY PROBLEM: I cannot change the brightness of my screen. (FN-F5 or F6). Does anyone know of a way for me to be able to controll brightness? I am having serious eye problems after a couple hours behind the computer and need a fix badly ... sunglasses just dont cut it! LOL

Thanks for any help

Advertisements