Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wireless Connection Issues to Netgear WPN824v2 Router

• Please log in to reply

jamieleeuk

jamieleeuk

• Pip
  • 1 posts
It started a couple of weeks ago.

When I boot up my laptop, the [systray] icon (showing the network connection) near the clock in the bottom right hand corner connects only to Local Area Only instead of Local and Internet.

My SSID used to be JLDSLF when it was working fine, but then that started to get a little strange and I then couldn't log onto the Playstation Network with my PS3 and then the systray icon started to show only local connection only.

So I had teh [not so] bright idea of trying to start from scratch again so I deleted the JLDSLF connection and reset the Router and re set it up with the SSID JAMIELEEUK

Posted Image

I still have the same problem re the Playstation 3 not being able to connect but tbh, I'm not too fussed about that, I'm more bothered about the icon in the bottom right hand corner still showing up as Local Only. Sometimes, if I leave it for 5 or 10 minutes without doing anything, it starts to connect but under a different Network Name (then with my SSID in brackets) - I have added a screen shot of what I mean.

I have no idea what has happened or how to go back to how it used to be a few weeks ago where I would boot up and be straight online under the SSID and not a secondary network name with my SSID in brackets! Any help is gratefully received.

I have also just noticed whilst poking around, I have a few network locations going on!

Posted Image

Edited by jamieleeuk, 17 April 2010 - 05:49 AM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
After 3 years of problems with netgear wireless routers, i have given up on them and switched to linksys wireless routers. Sometimes the netgear would work fine except on certain computers which they would not work at all( wired networks work just fine on netgear). Then some of my computers would quit working on wireless. After moving to a new house i found only one desktop computer and 2 laptops working on wireless. Switching to the linksys Wireless N system has all my computers working with wireless or the wired system. Perhaps it was te wireless G system that was having problems, but for now i will stick to the linksys. It seemed to be drivers problems for me as the computers could see the netgear router, just would not connect.

SRX660