Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Fixing my computer -broken memory Ram

• Please log in to reply

mattdundon

mattdundon

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi everyone,

i'm new here, i need help!

recently i changed the memory in my computer to DDR2B6 -2Gb memory (in two 1gb ports). Now when i boot the computer it says something like detecting IDE drives and at the top: "DDR2B6 for PC2100 DDR Memory", then boots up and comes up with the classic, start windows normally, safe mode, last known configuration -and no matter which one i pick even safe mode, windows logo will appear for a second then a blue screen will come up with the following error message:

Technical Information:
Error code: STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190203, 0x85FB8848, 0xL0000102, 0x00000000)

When i bought the memory the guy told me to run a test thing on the computer first to see what kind of memory it can accept, then i showed him the results and he said this memory will work. I used to have 1Gb memory and wanted to upgrade to 2gb -which i was told is all my computer can handle. Yet now even if i replace the new memory with the old memory, the computer does not work, it has the same error messages.

Thus, my computer is stuck in BIOS and no ideas on how to fix it. The only thing i've tried is, is going into bios and changing some settings about (no real good idea what i'm doing!), and finally decided to reset the settings of bios ...still didn't work!

Here are some details about my computer:
Motherboard: intel celeron ® 100x24.0
Chipset: Appollo P4M266A
and on the memory box i bought it says: PNY, 1GB DIMM DRR 400Mhz PC3200

I would be most grateful for any help on this problem, i have been suggested to run CHKDSK /F, but i have no idea how too, especially as i can't get into the OS.

Thanks for any help!!

Edited by mattdundon, 17 April 2010 - 11:30 AM.

Advertisements

mattdundon

mattdundon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
anyone???

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This usually means the memory is faulty, particularly if the problem only started when you added it.

mattdundon

mattdundon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks alot for the reply, but the memory isn't faulty, i don't think at least. i've tried the old memory i had in and it's a fairly new computer, yetit still has the same errors. i can't understand it, i put the new memory in -error, then the old memory and still error -changing no settings. perhaps windows attempted to install software for the new memory and thus the old one no longer works? but even if that is the case, i still require a solution.
thanks for any help! it's much appreciated!! need it fixed asap!!!

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
Remove the CMOS battery for 5 minutes. This will revert BIOS settings to defaults. Replace it then boot the PC up.