that pretty much sums it up...the hard drive is failing
This volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems
XP Blue Screen of Death: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:12 AM
Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:45 AM
Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:34 PM
If you are facing blue screen error you can try these steps
Follow these steps to fix a Blue Screen in Safe Mode
* Once booting start, select "Safe Mode" from the boot menu.
* Scan your hard drive by running your antivirus software. If the program locates an infection, move it to your vault or follow the on-screen instructions. After program completation, if a virus was removed, attempt to reboot your computer and see if this clears up the problem. If not, restart your computer in safe mode.
* Restore your computer to a previous point. Click on the "Start" button. Select "All Programs", "Accessories", "System Tools" and finally "System Restore". Choose a restore point on or before the last day your computer worked without error. Finally Reboot your computer to see if it loads correctly.
Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:20 PM
1. When you boot from the CD do you see an option that says Press R to boot into the recovery console? If you see that option press R.
2. Once you boot into the recovery console it will ask you which Windows installation you wish to log into.
3. Press 1 and hit enter.
4. Next type the administrator password. If you don't have a password then leave it blank otherwise type it in and hit enter.
5. Next type the following commands and hit enter after each one.
You may be asked to confirm an action after typing in the commands. Type Y to confirm the action if you are asked. After check disk has finished checking your harddrive type exit to quit setup. Hopefully the computer will now boot.
6. If the system still doesn't boot then power off the machine, open the case up and take out the harddrive. If you have another computer hook up the harddrive as a slave drive where you can copy all the important data off the slaved drive onto another harddrive.
Please reply after following the above mentioned steps.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users