Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cryptext v3.21 help

• Please log in to reply

graphite169

graphite169

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I searched the forums to see if anyone else had posted this question, and no one had.

Basically, I had Cryptext 3.21 on my old computer that died. I was able to get all of my files off the harddrive, but I have a few that are encrypted and so I cannot open them. I would like to run Cryptext on my current computer (that runs Vista), but it will not let me install the program. It says:

An error occurred while copying Cryptext.dll.
Cannot copy file to destination directory.
Click Retry to retry the operation or click Cancel to

I think it is the wasy Vista is set up. I looked through my old harddrive from my dead computer and found in Windows/System32/ShellExtension the Cryptext folder with Cryptext.dll, Cryptext.GID, Cryptext.hlp and Cryptext.inf.3

Searching around the internet I found this site where, in the first two paragraphs, the guy describes how he couldn't get the program to install on Vista. (Unfortunately he offered no fix except for using a different encryption program from then on out.)
http://opcug.ca/publ...s/TrueCrypt.htm

Does anyone know a way I can install Cryptext onto my computer so that I can decrypt my files. I know the password I used, I just need the program to work. (Or an alternative decryption method so that I can read my files, if possible.)

Thanks, Will

Advertisements