Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP L1506 15 inch Monitor Issue

• Please log in to reply

brandynewsome

brandynewsome

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
I have a HP L1506 15" monitor. I was playing an online game and my screen suddenly went black. I turned the monitor off and when I turned it back on, it displayed the screen for a few seconds before it went dark again. So I unplugged it for awhile and tried again but the screen went dark. The light stays green when the screen blacks out. I searched HP's website, but can't find anything that sounds like this in troubleshooting. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
HP Flat Panel LCD Monitors - Monitor is Blank
http://h20000.www2.h...ectID=c01295035

brandynewsome

brandynewsome

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thanks for your response, but I tried all of those things and still no luck. Any other ideas?

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Does the monitor work on another computer?
  • If it does, the video hardware on the original computer is likely to be the source of the problem.

• If it does not, the monitor needs to be repaired or replaced.

brandynewsome

brandynewsome

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thank you all for your help. I'll have to take it to a friends house and see what happens.