Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Acer Aspire 9504eWsmi

• Please log in to reply

amcmb1968

amcmb1968

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I was given this laptop after it went through a car accident and had liquid spilled in it. I replaced the motherboard, memory, keyboard, and lcd. I got it up and running, but kept shutting down after making it to the desktop. I replace the coolant fan and heat sink after a tech told me that it was over heating, and set the system settings back to default. It ran good for about a month, and is now doing the same thing. Another tech told me that this was a problem with the Acer Aspire 3500, and the hard drive controller was bad, but to replace it, you had to replace the motherboard. Can the hard drive controller be replace in the 9500 series, or can the controller itself be replaced. Or, do you think there could be another problem. The only thing that hasn't been replaced is the hard drive. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
I just need to question: How did you come to get given this laptop after the accident and what sort of liquid was spilt in it? Are we talking petrol, oil, power steering fluid, brake fluid, battery coolant, or whatever other types of liquid are found in today's cars?

amcmb1968

amcmb1968

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It was my sons' laptop, and during the accident, a cup of coffee ended up spilling in it.