Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

laptop keeps freezing

• Please log in to reply

lshittu

lshittu

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i dont know exactly what i did but i think the problem started when i removed the battery of my laptop and started charging the laptop directly, unfortunately the plug of my charger wasnt stable , so any major touch will result in my laptop unexpectedly shutting off. i also notice around that time , not sure if before or after but my laptop stopped updating, i tried so many thing but laptop wont update,
what i need help most on is the crashing the updating part is secondary

pls i really hope someone can help me

Advertisements

Mohammad Ashraf Dar

Mohammad Ashraf Dar

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi Ishittu,

removed advice

Edited by Rorschach112, 19 April 2010 - 11:48 AM.

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
lshittu-

Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

It sounds to me like there is a physical problem with your laptop's AC connector has gone bad. If it is a physical problem there is likely very little we can do to help with that.

As for the updating, what kinds of updates are you talking about? Windows Updates? Anti-virus program updates?

Also, please do not run the registry cleaning portion of CCleaner. Cleaning your registry using any type of third-party program is not advised.

Mohammad Ashraf Dar-

For future reference, using any type of registry cleaning program is generally not advised. Using these programs often does more harm than good and generally causes problems within the registry cleaner.

Check out this link for a more detailed look at why we recommend inexperienced users don't alter their registry.

Also, deleting all old System Restore points is not advised. If something goes wrong the user will have no backup points to which they can revert.

lshittu

lshittu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
i am referring to windows update

daeemann

daeemann

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
Yes, if the AC connector is bad and not getting enough power from the adapter, it can lead to unexpected results like random freezes. I'm guessing because of this, your computer has to be shut down by holding the power button. This can lead Windows to become corrupt, which can cause further problems. First, get the connector problem sorted out. Go to someone reputable where sometimes they can fix this. If you go to a place like Best Buy they're probably just going to say that you need a new motherboard even if you don't, because they have no experience in soldering.

lshittu

lshittu

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks