1. He called his ISP and they determined it was nothing on there end leading to his modem.
2. So he asked me to try it at my house and it still didn't work.
3. I removed the HDD and scanned it with Symantec & Malwarebytes(no major viruses or malware).
4. I put in a new NIC card to see if that solved and problem and still nothing.
5. Also updated both the NIC card drivers and still nothing.
I got stumped and called a friend and then he said to use a boot CD to see if I could connect to the internet to internet to determine if it was hardware or software problem. I upgraded his HDD about 6 months ago and kept his old one since he didn't need it and I just never found time to format it.
6. I put in his original HDD and both of the NIC cards worked perfectly fine and connected to the internet no problem.
So I am 100% sure it is a software problem but what can I do to solve it besides reformatting it to resolve it? I have tried everything thinking and can not find anything else to try online.
Edited by PCTechGuy, 19 April 2010 - 02:57 AM.