Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to boot from cd + Trojan Horse

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

river_jayne

river_jayne

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hi

I've been posting on the Malware forum with a Trojan Horse problem, PSW.Generic7.BXHH.

Rorschsch112 has been helping me and been amazing, but we're both a bit stuck now as I cannot access the recovery console either from windows or by booting from cd, so he's advised me to post here for help with that and go back to Malware forum when I can boot from cd.

Original post thread is here
http://www.geekstogo...HH-t274490.html

I am using a wireless mouse and keyboard via usb hub, CD ROM is definitely my first boot device in BIOS and the microsofts website command for opening recovery console from inside windows brings up a an error saying it does not exist. Although it does register the cd as I can explore normally.

Many thanks

Advertisements

river_jayne

river_jayne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Okay -have solved - was the wireless problem.
Don't seem to be able to close the topic myself?

Thanks anyway guys, back to malware I go.