Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error after running TFC Tool !

• Please log in to reply

simplee55

simplee55

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Hello:

This is my 4th attempt trying to get answers as to why I keep getting this Error Box after running the TFC Tool. I hope there is nothing that is underlying here with my OS.

Please see SNAPSHOT.

Thank U !!!

simplee55

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Would I be correct in thinking that your browser is Firefox

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Hello machboatmaster:

No my browser is Google Chrome, sorry about that. And my OS is WinXP and have a DELL PC.

But this is the 4th time that this Box has come up after running the TFC Tool.

One more thing while I have your attention. I haven't been on the Site since last year and I just made a E-mail change, I keep getting that my New E-mail addy is already registered here, which is just not so, can you also help with this issue. I'm afraid that I won't get any of the replies because the E-mail addy that's registered on this Site does not Exist any longer.

Thank U 4 your help.

Edited by simplee55, 19 April 2010 - 02:46 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Does it come up every time you run it or every so often?
Are you having any other issues with your system other then this?
To change your email go to the top of this page and click on My Controls
Then on left side of new window click on Email SettingsMake changes and then make sure to save settings before exiting.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Does it come up every time you run it or every so often? No, not at all. It's been a hit and miss type thing.

Are you having any other issues with your system other then this? No, my System runs GREAT.

To change your email go to the top of this page and click on My Controls
Then on left side of new window click on Email SettingsMake changes and then make sure to save settings before exiting.

The system took my New E-mail addy, go figure. I can't believe that I kept getting the Error page instead of just saying that my New E-mail addy has been changed, go figure again.

Thank U !!!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

The system took my New E-mail addy, go figure. I can't believe that I kept getting the Error page instead of just saying that my New E-mail addy has been changed, go figure again.

PM one of the Administrators and ask them to check it for you. They will be happy to help with the email problem.
As for the error message does it come up right after TFC finishes?
If so it may just be a file not registering after the program is done. If it is actually cleaning the temps, cache and browser history even when this error shows i don't think it is anything to worry about. :) :) :)

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
rshaffer61 is far more experienced than me and I hesitated to come back in, but why not do a search for files with mention of Tyanna. Parts of the file have clearly been deleted by TFC, but parts remain. Presuming you know what Tyanna is or was you can then if Search finds the remaining parts either delete them if they are definitely not needed by you and the error notification should disappear.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 19 April 2010 - 03:41 PM.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer61:

As for the error message does it come up right after TFC finishes? Yes it does. The box comes up right after my Desktop appears. If you notice the SNAPSHOT, the Desktop hasn't finished loading yet and here comes the box.

If so it may just be a file not registering after the program is done. If it is actually cleaning the temps, cache and browser history even when this error shows i don't think it is anything to worry about. Yes, I feel the same way, just needed to check in though, because you never know what could be lurking in the background.

Also wanted to tell you, the Tools you gave me are absolutely invaluable to me, in keeping my SYSTEM running so amazingly.

I also wanted give you the Heads-up and tell you that I downloaded and installed and am using Auslogics Registry Cleaner. This is also an amazing Tool to use. Yes that's right me, Miss Apprehension, I took the plunge and am cleaning out some of the leftover Registry things that stay on the computer.

I always take my time and read very carefully as to what Errors it finds. The great thing about this Program is, it shows all the Registry Errors and you can even click on each Registry Error and read the whole list, and can even delete a single item instead of the whole link/file, especially if your not comfortable in doing so, like me. rshaffer61, if you ever get the time, will you take a look at it, I think you would appreciate it totally.

I downloaded this Program from CNET-Download.com and read the Editors' Review, their Publisher's Review and Description and their User's reviews, and nothing but Praises from all parties.

I've used it a couple of times, and my System is in excellent shape.

Thank U !!!

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
macboatmaster:

Thank you 4 your reply. I will do just that and see what I find, will let you know.

Thanks again !!!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Be careful as we don't recommend ANY TYPE OF REGISTRY CLEANER because they can cause more problems then they fix.
As for the error if no problems other then that then I wouldn't worry about it. It may the program is failing to write a file at times.
I am glad to hear the system is working great for you other wise after the long topic from before getting it straightened out.
Thanks for letting me know about the programs I suggested helping you out. It's always nice to know how everything is working months after we got it resolved.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Be careful as we don't recommend ANY TYPE OF REGISTRY CLEANER because they can cause more problems then they fix. Yes, I know, and I will always be careful. One thing I think some of you Techs may know about me is, if I can't see it, I won't do it.

And have to admit, that there are many, many things I don't know or understand about how to read those things on the Registry, but what I'm actually deleting are those games I install and uninstall, those are just plain enough even for me to read.

Thanks again rshaffer61 !!! :)

simplee

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Something that might help also is there is a series of books entitle. Dummies
In your case XP for Dummies
This will help you alot in understanding XP.