Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can I make the picture larger when burning DVDS?

• Please log in to reply

Summer6

Summer6

Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
I am uploading a video to a DVD, butthe pictures resolution is rather small. I have burned the DVD, but the pircture is so small on a television screen when I watch the video. Can anyone have a solution?

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
It is possible but you have to change the resolution before you burn it.

For that you need a separate reauthoring program that will reencode your video but just remember that if you start with a small resolution the bigger you change it the more image quality you will lose.

It is the same principle as a picture if you start with a picture of 320 x 240 and you enlarge it to 1280 x 960 you will see a big lost of image quality.

kristain

kristain

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
1. Open Windows Movie Maker. Once the video editor loads upload the video you want to burn into the program by clicking "File," "Import" and choose the video file.
2. Click-and-drag it down into the timeline of the program, then select "File," "Save Video As." An export window appears on the screen. Title the video, select a location to save the file too, then select "Advanced." A new window appears with additional options. Select the resolution area and increase the size of the video file. The larger the image the more room it takes up on the television screen but the grainier it is going to appears. Click "OK" and the video file exports as the larger picture.
3. Insert the blank DVD into the DVD burner and launch the DVD burning software you have installed on the computer. Choose "Video DVD" followed by "Add Videos." Select the video you just enlarged and click "OK." Once the video loads into the display window of the DVD burner click "Burn" and the larger pictured video burns onto the video DVD.