Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Web Pages Display Problem On My Emachines PC...

• Please log in to reply

ronsweet2

ronsweet2

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hello:

I recently bought an Emachines EL1300G-02w PC using a Windows XP platform. After about a week, I was having problems viewing web pages when I uninstalled the Nortonís NIS that came pre-installed (or perhaps when I changed some configs in Control Panel). Basically the problem is, web sites I view never look quite right--text is jagged or things are missing. Like for example, msnbc.com, my home page. I don't see their header anymore (see the attachment, and compare with how it SHOULD look at www.msnbc.com.) Also, I am attaching another screen print of another site and you see how it SHOULD look here: www.mjphotoscollectors.com. Another example, my GoDaddy webmail, the text from the all of buttons is now invisible. All of this was fine when I first got the PC.

1) It is NOT an "IE" issue (I use IE 8.0), because I have used several other browsers (including Firefox--see attached) and have the EXACT same issue.
2) It is NOT a "cache" issue. I have dumped cache and restarted several times, with no changes.
3) It is NOT an internet security issue. It is set to Medium-High (the default) and changing it to other settings has had no effect
4) It is NOT a firewall issue. I had been using McAfee SecurityCenter, and I did a complete uninstall and the problem still persisted.
I do NOT want to have to bring the PC back or do a system restore because I have a lot of data on this PC.

Any ideas?

Ron

Advertisements