Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ram Problems

• Please log in to reply

Denzle

Denzle

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I have a Pentium D 945 PC overclocked to 3.84Ghz on an Asrock 4core-1333 esata2

Here is the link for the mobo-
http://mail.acelive....Core1333-eSATA2

Right, the issues that I have, I put in my 4x1gb Patriot ram and my computer will not boot, so I stuck in 2Gb in instead and it will boot, works fine at great speed as well, Vista rating it at 5.9, but anymore then 2Gb and it will power on but wont boot :S so I don't understand it as it has worked before with all the ram in (4Gbs worth), and no operating system.

Details on the ram are here-

http://www.patriotmemory.com/produ [...] 317&type=1

I also have another issue if anyone here has the know how about it.

The other issue that I have with this board is the fact that I downloaded all the drivers from the asrock official site to install the drivers for vista.

When I installed the drivers on vista 64bit ultimate, my realtek hd audio is playing my music flawlessly on the right channel of my amp and on the left channel it is extremely distorted. Now i am 100% sure that it is not my amp as it will play Cd's e.t.c fine, and everything else. I am connecting my computer to my amp via a 3.5mm jack to 2 female rca leads.

So yet another thing that is completely puzzling me. I have waiting so long to get this rig running and its not happening :S

Feel free to ask me for anymore information and i will gladly give it to you as of when I can.

The real bummer is i don't have internet at home :)

Advertisements

Denzle

Denzle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Just to add to this, i have had a suggestion of setting the RAM slots voltages manually, someone thinks that when i have all four slots in, the bois is not giveing them enough power being on the auto setting :S

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
If you look at the RAM modules themselves, do they have chips on one or both sides?

ftp://174.142.97.10/manual/4Core1333-eSATA2.pdf

If you want to use all four DIMMS, they need to be single sided according to P16 of the manual.