Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

White lines on games

• Please log in to reply

Kitsune85

Kitsune85

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently had to re install windows XP, ever since I have I have had problems with both my processor and graphics card. My processor used to be 1.8ghz but has suddenly dropped to 1.1Ghz, and now most, but not all, games have irritating white lines all over them, and not only graphic instensive games, but simple flash games and the menus have the annoying white lines. Whats odd is they are not consistant. One day a game will render perfectly, the next day the exact same sequence will render full of white lines/blocks.
I can find no situation like this online, please does anyone have any advice on how to fix this? My xp service packs are up to date and I have installed the latest drivers for my graphics card tm.
Any help would be massivly appreciated!
Thanks

System specs
Xp pro sp3
Nvidia GeForce card (can't recally exactly which at the moment)
AMD Athelon rated 1.8Ghz, 1.1Ghz effective
512Mb ram.

Not the worlds most stunning set up I know but it would still be nice if it worked as it should!

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi Kitsune85 ... :) ..:)

first try reinstalling your video card drivers...
then look in the bios and set it to default or safe settings