Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC restarts automatically when opening World of Warcraft

• Please log in to reply

wowrestartinsane

wowrestartinsane

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey there guys im having realy frustrating problems now with this... each time i go into World of Warcraft(Game) it automaticlly restarts after 5-10 mins of playing or even more it depends on luck , Ive reformatted .. replaced Hard disk i dont know whats the problem i opened my BSOD and got this error ... Hope you can help me out this has been going on for a while now hope to get rid of it.

Error : ***STOP: 0x0000008E (ox80000004,0x806EAAD1,0xA898D818,0x000000)

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
This is what the error code 0x0000008E refers to:

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

Since it happens during playing a game it might be an issue with your video card or Bios video.

Is you Video card old or new (if old check compatibility with the game),

Have you updated your driver lately.

As it worked good before during playing the game or as it never worked well.

Does your video card have a fan on it, if yes is it working or dirty (overheating may cause a BSOD during heavy usage)