Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Spyware program list

• Please log in to reply

thakid

thakid

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
I think is you people the * geek u * meembers put up a list of virus trojan and spyware adaware or other infected programs alot of people's probs will be sloved and alot of threads will not even be posted in turn saving you work it is just a thought

Advertisements

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
Hi Thakid,

We have done just that. On the Malware forum there is the following post, however not many people read it.

You must read this first

thakid

thakid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
not that I mean like the warez music downloader programs people download not knowing that there is a wide know problem with it like the warez program has over 400 spywares in it

Edited by thakid, 21 May 2005 - 02:54 AM.

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
Good idea! :tazz:

StarHawk

StarHawk

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Here's a start http://www.spywarewa...nti-spyware.htm :tazz:

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
Yeah, if some others are willing to help, I'll make up a page of all prgrams, not just antispyware.

I might also post something up on my blog and website.

Edited by jake6535, 21 May 2005 - 06:05 PM.

thakid

thakid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
:tazz: ;) thankz starkhawk for all the advice and thanxs for the help with the anti-spyware thing and I am also thanking any 1 who helps with this project I think it will be good well here is a list of little things I think may cause trouble area I think if people really work this area can be good info

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Here is a great list of GOOD vs. bad P2P type programs. This was just recently updated by Mike..the owner of SWI, and our very own ScHwErV! :tazz: I guarantee you it's an accurate list!

If you must use this type of program, please at least use one of the safe ones!

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*

If you must use this type of program, please at least use one of the safe ones!

:tazz: However, don't ever use P2P without commen sense, for it could get you into trouble with the law. ;)

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
exactly my point! :tazz: I personally don't support the use of them at ALL, but if you choose to do so, please at least choose one that is free of Malware.

Advertisements

thakid

thakid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
well what p2p should I use legally or buy or w/e ?

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Click the link I gave in my first post above, and read that. It tells you which programs are safe to use.

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
Next time, read all of it before posting. :tazz:

thakid

thakid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
no she missunderstood what I ment was like what one should I buy to be legal :tazz:

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Another question about P2Ps is is usage, I mean there is no point in connecting up to free of malware one simply to find that you're the only one on it. Could someone here give me an idea about which one is biggest. Come to think about it there are other considerations: firewall compatibility, user friendliness, needed information, etc., anyway the more info exchanged here the better.

Me, I was on Shareaza until I got a lowID router problem :tazz: now I am using Ares which is OK becauase I never use their surf pannel but I am looking for something else because "Tout en Anglais" gets dull"; besides, it's good to change P2Ps after a while