Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gateway laptop won't let me enter, reboots

• Please log in to reply

karorose

karorose

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I've run into the recent problem with my Gateway laptop of it constantly rebooting, over and over, without letting me get anywhere using the F8 key. This whole thing started with a blue screen that I tried to fix by using System Restore. System Restore would freeze and I'd have to end up rebooting.

Is there any way to fix this?

Advertisements

kristain

kristain

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Hello, blue screen error occurs due to failure of RAM so, you should check your RAM.blue screen error may also occur due to malfunction of software and hardware devices. if this problem starts with any new software or hardware installation then uninstall it.

karorose

karorose

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
There was no new software or hardware installation. Gateway sent no disks for recovery or OS operation.

Is there anything I can do?

kristain

kristain

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Hello,
you should check your RAM.most of problem like blue screen error occurred due to RAM .

karorose

karorose

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I've done MemTest which found no errors. How do I reset the BIOS or whatever it is that some people mentioned on here? I'm running out of options on what to try. Help me....please!

karorose

karorose

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Just finished running chkdsk and it found no errors.
What should be the next thing I check for?

kristain

kristain

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Follow these steps to fix a Blue Screen in Safe Mode
* Once booting start, select "Safe Mode" from the boot menu.
* Scan your hard drive by running your antivirus software. If the program locates an infection, move it to your vault or follow the on-screen instructions. After program completation, if a virus was removed, attempt to reboot your computer and see if this clears up the problem. If not, restart your computer in safe mode.
* Restore your computer to a previous point. Click on the "Start" button. Select "All Programs", "Accessories", "System Tools" and finally "System Restore". Choose a restore point on or before the last day your computer worked without error. Finally Reboot your computer to see if it loads correctly.
or get more information to move BSOD

daeemann

daeemann

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
Tell us if you can do this:

The moment your computer turns on start tapping on the f8 key. You should then get to a menu with different options: Safe mode, Safe mode with networking, etc.

Go to the option that says "Disable automatic restart on system failure" and press enter.

If you get a blue screen, write down what it says, and then write it here.