Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Avast settings

• Please log in to reply

dynrat

dynrat

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I'm using Avast as an antivirus and for the most part I think it is working great. I do have one big issue though. When Avast is running I can't access my usenet server. I have to actually turn it off for anything to download. Does anyone know how to set Avast to allow connection to my usenet server. I'm using Giganews as a server, and Newsbin as a download program. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Mikeme

Mikeme

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Personally I am a firm believer that if you are running a scan with your anti-virus software, that is all your computer should be doing, running that scan only, and doing no other tasks.

xblindx

xblindx

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
I believe he meant it was running as a real time program (which it should). Do you have the free version, or the paid version that includes a firewall?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Also rather that disabling the entire AV first just disable webshield for 10 minutes and see if that lets you through. That will then give us a base to start from

[attachment=41124:Capture.JPG]