Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

connecting

• Please log in to reply

kfbizhere

kfbizhere

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey

I go to school at NGTC and I seem to be able to get onto the internet and use my IM service.
But I can't seem to log onto my online game Shaiya.....I was wondering if there was a reason for this....because my friend lives in Oregon and seems to get on just fine....others in the dorms play WOW and seem to get on just fine. is there anything that I can do to get online with my online games?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
Below is all the info I could find regarding this game. Nowhere could I find what firewall settings needed to be set to allow this game to work. I suggest you visit their community forums and see if they can help provide this info. It appears that the game is using non standard ports that is being blocked by the schools firewall. It does not use the same network config that WoW uses, which is why they can play and you are not able to.

We can not help with bypassing your schools proxy / firewall rules. Once you have the info, perhaps your school can see about updating the firewall to allow the application.

http://shaiya.aeriag...om/overview/faq

Some firewall programs will block Shaiya, disallowing the game from accessing the server. If you receive a "Cannot connect to server" or "Cannot change directory.c35" error when trying to play, please make make adjustments to your firewall program(s).

Q. When I try to play, the Launcher gives me the error: “Cannot connect to server 12029c37”.
A. This connection issue is due to an old or cached IP address. Reset your IP address by:

1. In XP: Click Start and choose Run. Type “CMD” in press ENTER / In Vista: Click Windows, type “CMD in the search box and press ENTER.
2. In the command shell (looks likeDOS) type: ipconfig /flushdns
3. Press ENTER
4. Close the command window.
5. You can also try disabling your network connection and re-enabling it within Windows. If you have an external router, try power-cycling it. Then start Shaiya. If this doesn't seem to help, please try the steps in the next entry...

Q. Why do I get the error “Download Failed: Cannot read file. c25” when I try to play Shaiya?
A. This connection issue is usually the fault of firewall or anti-virus software. Try toggling your firewalls (if they’re on turn them off, if they’re off turn them on) and try these steps:

1. If you have Windows Firewall enabled, set it to allow Shaiya.
2. If you are on Windows Vista, make sure that it will allow Shaiya.
3. If you have any firewall or anti-virus programs (ZoneAlarm, McAfee, Symantec, etc) make sure that they are not blocking Shaiya.
4. If you are routing through a home network or a business, make sure that the network is not blocking Shaiya or cross-network access.
5. If you are on Windows Vista 64 (64-bit, not 32-bit) you may be encountering an incompatibility issue with Shaiya. There is no current workaround for Vista 64-bit.