Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP SP3, Email Sites, My MSN

• Please log in to reply

jlinno

jlinno

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
After a nasty session with a virus, reinstall of Windows XP SP2, I finally had a computer that was "somewhat" working.

I installed SP3 and now cannot connect to any of my email accounts (Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail), and when attempting to update Windows I get an installation error.

I can connect to most any other web sites.

Please reply to this forum as I stated, I connect to any of my email sites.

thanks.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Please go to Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide...
HERE....

That will help you clean up 80 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty (and you may not be) follow the instructions and start a new topic
here
post the OTListIt2 and Rooter logs ...
The "Topic Title" should contain the name of the infection that you are having a problem with...Use the "Topic Description" to include more details. This will help you get faster responses as some people are more familiar with certain infections....

if you are unable to download or run ANY of the tools...try downloading them on another computer and put them on a flash drive or cd and try installing them that way..
no joy...
start a new topic and let them know you can't run any of the tools..

jlinno

jlinno

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Followed all the steps outlined in your "HERE" site (twice), but still have the same problem.

Tried to post a new topic (probably did not do it right), so I'm replying to you.

As I stated, I've no access to any of my email accounts, nor most of any Microsoft sites. (I can start to download updates but get errors 0x80072EE2 or a Windows Live error 0x80048820.)

I do appreciate all the help and am including the mbam scan results along with the ark.txt file and the OTL results. Did not get and Extra.txt file with the last run of OTL.

Again, thank you for your help and if you cannot help me further, please give me a link to whom you may think can.

Log removed

Edited by Essexboy, 25 April 2010 - 09:18 AM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
first ...edit your last post and delete the logs...they can only be posted in the malware forum...
then go here for how to start a new topic

jlinno

jlinno

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Uninstalled SP3, went back to SP2 and solved the problem.

Got no response from Microsoft on why!!