Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reinstalled Vista, lost RAM and other issues

• Please log in to reply

Staci Garrison

Staci Garrison

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Wow, where do I begin? Are you ready?

The only activity I use my computer for is for MySpace, Yahoo Messenger and Facebook for the games... And I come to notice that my computer was running exstreamly slow and bogging down while playing the games.

I ran CCleaner, Malwarebytes scanner as well as my Eset just to find that it was of no help.

So I was told that having Malwarebytes and my full Eset antivirus security with malware scanner clashed and I needed to remove the Malwarebyes program.

But still no good.

So to make a long story short, I thought to burn all my pictures, audio books etc onto disk and redo the whole Windows Vista. So I did and it left a windows.old file as well which was taking up a lot of room.

So I deleted it.

But now, when I go and installed my Sprint wirelss interent "works" but then I go to install Eset it will freeze up and then my internet wont even sign back on again, to where I have to reinstall it.

Also, here is a kicker... I lost RAM. When I first got this I had 2 GB ram, to where now when I open up operating system, it only shows 1918 MB.

And even when I open up the Control panel and see what is all installed on the computer (as when usually there is always something in there installed) there is nothing, till I installed my interent program.

What happened? What went wrong? I even checked online and it stated that I could remove the windows.old file if I had no intentions on going back to using it again.

I don't know what to do, so if you could please help me?

Thank You!

Flying solo :)

Advertisements