Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RPC unaivalable

• Please log in to reply

vanja2102

vanja2102

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi, my computer shut down by it self and restarted it self. when I tried to access the Internet it comes up with: RPC log in error. I have looked at the suggestions on the other forums with this topic-problem, and I have gone into services and tried to double click RPC but nothing happens. I then right clicked the mouse and clicked on option to start and it comes up with error: COULD NOT START THE RPC LOCATOR SERVICE ON LOKAL COMPUTER. ERROR 1068:THE DEPENDANCY SERVICE OR GROUP FAILED TO START. Nothing that was suggested fixed the problem, and I was told to come on this forum and ask for help as it seem that virus caused the problem.
Does anyone have suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
The 1068 probably means that

DCOM Server Process Launcher service

did not start. It should have Startup Type: Automatic and it should be started. If it is started then another dependency may have been added to rpc. In that case:

You can open regedit (Start, Run, regedit , OK )

and navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RpcSs

(Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and click on the + in front of it to see the sub folders. Then find System and click on the + then CurrentControlSet then Services then you should see Rpcss)

Then right click on RPCSS and select Export and save it to your desktop as rpc. It will get a .reg extension automatically.

Right click on rpc.reg and Edit then copy and paste into a reply.

If DCOM Server Process Launcher is not started then let's look at its registry entries instead:
(as above but
navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DcomLaunch )

Ron

vanja2102

vanja2102

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
RON, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP...AFTER UNSSUCCESSFULLY TRYING TO FIX THE PROBLEM FOR A FEW DAYS, I COULDN'T BE WITHOUT THE FUNCTIONAL COMPUTER ANY LONGER, SO I TOOK IT TO THE SHOP FOR WINDOWS REINSTALATION AND I HOPE IT WILL FIX THE PROBLEM...THANK YOU AGAIN!!!