Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Password not recognized, cant get passed welcome screen, do not have i

• Please log in to reply

katat66

katat66

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I cant get passed my welcome screen, I set up my admin user account password yesterday. There was no problem with the password entries, tried to sign on for first time 5 mins later and my password is not recognized. HELP...unfortunately I do not have any disks to reload or fix the problem. Please tell me there is another way to get back into my laptop!!

Kathy :)

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
Did you try your passwork in both Capital letters and non capital letters sometimes we create them whitout noticing which one it was on.

katat66

katat66

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have tried every senario possible with my password. I have also tried a key to the left and a key to the right. What are my options???

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
This is a solution from Microsoft try it.

Windows XP Home Edition or Windows XP Professional

To log on to a computer as the administrator to reset a password, try the following steps.

1-Log on as an administrator.

a- Restart the computer.
b- At the sign in screen Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE two times, and then type the name of the administrator user account.
c- In the Password box, type the administrator password, and then click OK.

Note If the administrator password is set to a blank password, do not type a password before you click OK.

2- Reset the password.

a- Click Start, and then click Run.
b- Type control userpasswords2, and then click OK.
c- On the Users tab, click the name of the user account that you want to reset the password for, and then click Reset Password.
d- Type a new password in the New password box, and then type the password again in the Confirm new password box, and then click OK.
e- Restart the computer, and then try to log on to Windows XP again.

Hope this helps

Please note that when you say you created a password for the administrator account this method might not work for you but if you created a password for your name who is also an administrator account then when at the sign in screen it will appear an administrator account after you press twice CTRL+ALT+DELETE, if none other appear then this method will not help you.

Edited by Alzeimer, 22 April 2010 - 11:11 AM.

katat66

katat66

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you alheimer for your suggestions, however, It is not recognizing my password, and no other screen comes up. I cant log in as admin for it wont take my password. I cant get to start menu, My desktop wont even come up, just the password sign in box. HELP

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts
Removed by DKR

Edited by DaffyKantReed, 26 April 2010 - 07:27 PM.

daeemann

daeemann

• PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
Use Offline NT Password & Registry Editor. It's a boot disk that clears out any user passwords. However, DO NOT use this method if any of your data is ENCRYPTED.

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/