Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Mail older version

• Please log in to reply

cyberdyne

cyberdyne

• PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Hi,
Anyone know if it's still possible to download Windows Mail v.6.0.6, ie: the version bundled with Vista ?
I've looked on M$ and can't find much without getting redirected to Windows Live and there doesn't appear to be anywhere else to download it.

Thanks

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
No, The Windows Mail from Vista is not available as a separate download. If you want a Microsoft solution, you have to use Windows Live Mail http://download.live.com/wlmail
or buy an edition of MS Office which includes Outlook.

Actually, there is a way to 'transfer' the Windows Mail client from Vista to Win7 if you already have a PC running Vista, but I don't wish to encourage that as it's been known to cause instability.

Then there are the third-party alternatives you can find with google search.

cyberdyne

cyberdyne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Yes, have since realised this. Many thanks for your reply. Think I'll just go for Thunderbird.
Cheers

plus2plus

plus2plus

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Yes, have since realised this. Many thanks for your reply. Think I'll just go for Thunderbird.
Cheers

Yes, problem will be solve by follow above instructions. :)

cyberdyne

cyberdyne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Cheers

Yes, problem will be solve by follow above instructions. :)

Huh??

Was this pointless reply really necessary.