Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 and AVG Updates

• Please log in to reply

moondog830

moondog830

• PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
I have Windows 7 and AVG on my machine. I have AVG set on auto-update and this last time it did it's update it needs to reboot to complete the update.

However, after I rebooted last time I was unable to browse the internet anymore. I have no idea what settings have changed or anything and I don't know what to check. I did a system restore to the point just before the update and all was fine. Can anyone help me here?

I have no idea why the update causes this problem. I know it's the update as my machine on my home network is the only one affected by it.

Thanks in Advance!

dog

Advertisements

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts
nobody has any idea on what is going on?

kristain

kristain

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
It may be due to AVG 7 or the AVG 8 version are not compatible with windows 7 operating system or may be it is also possible that the software is not installed properly. Reinstallation of the software may fix this issues.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Upgrade to 9 or use something like Avast instead. Older versions dont support 7.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Uninstall AVG, using AVG Remover: http://www.avg.com/u.../download-tools and see, if it fixes the issue.
If so, stay away from AVG.