Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

i want to replace and .exe file with a Jpeg.

• Please log in to reply

textra

textra

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
hi everyone I am a new member here and I'm not sure if this is the right section because of my unusual question. so here it is:

i have a game series called Touhou but because each one has almost the exact same Icon i sometimes open the wrong game so i though of taking a jpeg and making it to a shortcut. for example if i double left-click the image the game would run.

do you guys think that is possible without ruining the game?
thank you

Edited by textra, 23 April 2010 - 04:54 PM.

Advertisements

Buttons1

Buttons1

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
Hi textra and welcome to Geekstogo!

Yes you can do so without ruining it. Just make sure you change the icon through the properties window and not the file it directs to.

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.jpg

textra

textra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hi textra and welcome to Geekstogo!

Yes you can do so without ruining it. Just make sure you change the icon through the properties window and not the file it directs to.

well this is my problem right here....(first pic)

and this is how i want the final result look like.....(second pic)

is it possible? or am i going to have to convert the Jpeg to some other type of file? because i dont want to lower the quality of the picture

Attached Thumbnails

• problem.jpg
  • result.jpg

Buttons1

Buttons1

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
Well I got some bad news here. I have zero experience in creating icons. I've been trying to figure that out myself, but haven't had much luck. I'm really sorry I'm not much help. :)

textra

textra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Well I got some bad news here. I have zero experience in creating icons. I've been trying to figure that out myself, but haven't had much luck. I'm really sorry I'm not much help. :)

o well hopefully another geek has answer to my geek question :)
thanks for trying tho anyways

Buttons1

Buttons1

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
No problem.:)

xblindx

xblindx

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
This is just a guess, but where it asks where to look for icons in the properties box, set the target to the folder rather than the file.
C:\Users\Hessam\Desktop\Touhou Project\Bullet [bleep]\TH09.5 ~ Shoot the Bullet
and then see if a list containing the picture appears in the properties box.

Edit: It changed the H3ll in Bullet H3ll to bleep, so just be sure you choose Bullet H3ll (with an E instead of a 3 =P )

Edited by xblindx, 25 April 2010 - 11:38 AM.

textra

textra

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
i found it myself but thanks for the support guys, anyways how i did it is simple i found a website by googling "how to convert a JPG to an Icon" i got a free download converted the JPG and voila an icon is ready. next step is quite simple make a separte folder and copy-paste the .exe file in it then make a shortcut out of it, then select the change icon in properties as previously mentioned and look for the Icon that was recently created.
and your done.
any more questions or how to do it with step by step screens shots just ask, i might do it someday but I'm bus these days with college and all.