Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blue screen - how to restart?

• Please log in to reply

Paul M.

Paul M.

• Pip
  • 1 posts
It says it was caused by nv4_disp and the device driver is stuck in an infinite loop.
I have tried reinstalling the windows XP CD but nothing happens! I can't get past the blue screen.
Any suggestions?
Thanks Paul M.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Your display drivers are corrupted. Try hitting the F8 key while booting up and go into safe mode boot. If you only have Nvidia drivers( on-board nvidia graphics?) you may not be able to get into safe mode. If you are able to get into safe mode, go into your device manager and delete the nvidia drivers. Reboot and see if you have any display. It should be the very ugly 16 colors windows default display. Now you will reinstall the Nvidia drivers. If this does not solve the problem you may need a new graphics card in the computer.

I am assuming you do not have a AMD processor and installed Microsoft SP3 just before this happened. If you did you need to install a patch before installing SP3.
http://www.softwarep...0x0000007E.html

SRX660