Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

rtkhdaud.sys error

• Please log in to reply

Norbert56

Norbert56

• Pip
  • 8 posts
My computer restarts after 10 minuter when i use sound.
I have minidumps.

Edited by Norbert56, 24 April 2010 - 08:10 AM.

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Your RealTek audio drivers are likely to be corrupted - and as such, they are likely to be causing the crashes.
Uninstall your sound software and hardware, then download and install the latest version of the software from the manufacturer of your system.

If this does not work uninstall the driver and make sure everything is gone and install and older driver, this may help.

Norbert56

Norbert56

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
oh i think i need to buy a new pc or reinstal my windows xp.
I have much crashes (realtek, some kind tcypc.sys and other.....

Edited by Norbert56, 24 April 2010 - 10:22 AM.

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
If your crashes are software related (XP, Virus, Malware ect) a fresh reinstall would be a clean solution.

If your crashes are hardware related then reinstalling XP will not solve anything.

Find the reason for the crashes and then decide what action you want to take.

Formatting and reinstalling XP is a personal choice, some prefer to work on it for days and weeks to save their settings while some (like me) save regulary their personal files, settings and drivers so a reinstall takes an afternoon and I'm almost at 98% how my system was previous to the reinstall(apart from certain programs who you cannnot save their settings)that includes saved video games.

Your choice.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go to
Start and then to Run
Type in Chkdsk /r Note the space between k and /
Click Enter ...It will probably ask if you want to do this on the next reboot...click Y
If the window doesn't shutdown on its own then reboot the system manually. On reboot the system will start the chkdsk operation
This one will take longer then chkdsk /f

Note... there are 5 stages...
It may appear to hang at a certain percent for a hour or more or even back up and go over the same area...this is normal...
DO NOT SHUT YOUR COMPUTER DOWN WHILE CHKDSK IS RUNNING OR YOU CAN HAVE SEVERE PROBLEMS
This can take several hours to complete.
When completed it will boot the system back into windows.

Let me know if this fixes the problem

Norbert56

Norbert56

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Havent seen any errors now.
I will post later if there will be any crashes!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
:) :)